If you don't have a smartphone with internet or social networking, this is a good way to get updates from my Twitter directly to your phone.
What you need:
A Twitter account
A phone with unlimited incoming text messages
1. Log-in to your Twitter account
2. Click the gear icon next to the search bar on the upper right hand corner and click "Settings"
3. Click on "Mobile" on the right hand column.
4. Add your cell number and follow the steps to confirm the service on your phone.
5. Go back to the mobile options page and select what types of notifications you would like to have. Be sure to select "Tweets from people you've enabled for mobile notifications"
6. Go to my Twitter page. https://twitter.com/canucksclub
7.Click on the person icon next to the "Following" icon.
8. Click on "Turn on mobile notifications".
You should expect to receive about 2-6 updates per day.